Frozen-Fruity-LaCroix Ice Pops

June 12, 2017 14 Comments

We do not have air conditioning in our house. For ninety-percent of the year it is quite managable…for that other ten percent we eat popsicles and sit in front of a heavy-duty fan. 😉

When I was a kid, my mom made popsicles out of kool-aid and sugar. They may not have been the healthiest choice but they were cheap, made with love, and I never knew the difference.

Now that I’m a mom, I find myself looking for similar ways to cool my kids off.

While I’m not an amazing cook, by any stretch of the imagination, I do enjoy playing around with different frozen treats for those hot afternoons in front of the fan.

We’ve tried quite a few concoctions. Recently, fresh fruit and sparkling water have been our favorite.

I use LaCroix, a healthy alternative to soda, that contains no sugar or caffeine. It comes in a ton of different natural flavors including: grapefruit, lemon, lime, berry, passionfruit, etc. It’s got the bubbly, carbonated goodness without any questionable ingredients.

For a little extra sweetness, I squeeze in a couple drops of Stevia and pour the beverage over fruit before popping them into the freezer.

Result: Yumminess and cool, happy children. <3

Frozen, Fruity, LaCroix Ice Pops

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Add a couple drops of Stevia to the LaCroix and mix together
  2. Insert fruit into the popsicle or push pop molds.
  3. Pour liquid over the fruit and close the mold.
  4. Allow it to freeze for a few hours.
  5. Take out and enjoy! <3

*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.

What is your favorite summer treat?

Jenell Vanderford

June 12, 2017

those sound really good. Guess I need some Lacroix next time I go to the store.

June 12, 2017

for real! After I got the honest fizz (which I like) I’m thinking we could use that too! …mmm

Lowcountry Hippie

June 12, 2017

This is such a great idea! I have a sparkling water maker that I love, but I’ve never thought to make frozen treats with it.

June 12, 2017

A sparkling water maker? Do tell…

June 12, 2017

Yes, kool-aid pops were great. Very nice idea on ways to make frozen pops with fruit.for the kids. 🙂

June 12, 2017

Thanks Peggy! <3

Obviously Momvelous

June 12, 2017

OMG! You don’t own an AC?! Even though we get like 3 weeks of Summer here, I could not live without my window AC units. No wonder you make so many fresh fruit frozen ice pops!!! They look delicious by the way. I think my favorite Summertime food is not a very common thing to eat. But I am obsessed with cucumbers, so I put a little lime and chilli pepper on my cucumbers for a cool summer snack. I suppose its nice to have a little something different when I’m eating fruit all day long.

June 12, 2017

haha. No AC 😉 Are you in the Pacific Northwest too? I love cucumbers, they are the perfect summer snack. I can’t say I’ve tried them with lime and chili pepper…sounds pretty good! <3

Obviously Momvelous

June 12, 2017

Yes I am! Yeah the short Summer is a pretty dead give away.

June 12, 2017

lol. thats awesome!<3

Anu-growing curious minds

June 21, 2017

I love homemade popsicles. So much better for the kids than the store bought ones.

June 21, 2017

yes! and so easy to make! 🙂