Fruit Kabobs

July 3, 2017 12 Comments

This will be our first fourth of July back home since we moved last summer. I’ve loved getting reacquainted with the place I grew up, and being close enough to family to share in traditions and holidays.

For the fourth, one of my sisters is driving down with her family which means that our little place is going to be packed with kids, laughter, and fun. In preparation, I’m working to get some of the food ready today, so we can enjoy our time together tomorrow.

My nephew that’s coming, claims I am the best cook he knows. Someday he’ll learn that I’m mediocre at best, however I’m not quite ready to burst his bubble. 😉

In light of my amazing-aunt status, no boring bowl of fruit for us. We are going with fruit kabobs!

The best part has been that my kids can get in on the action and enjoy creating something fun for their cousins. (Not to mention we got to practice their fine motor skills and patterns.)

With all their help, we were able to conquer our fun dessert for tomorrow in a matter of minutes. (Score!)

Fruit Kabobs

Fruit Ideas:

• Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Blueberries
  • Watermelon
  • Cantaloupe
  • Bananas
  • Pineapple

Materials Needed:

Directions:

1. Using your cookie cutters, cut fun shapes from your fruit. (Make sure they are thick enough to stay on the skewers.
  2. Load the fruit on the skewers. (If you aren’t planning on eating them until later, you can spritz the fruit with a little bit of lemon juice to maintain freshness.)
  3. Enjoy!

*This post contains Amazon Affilliate links.

What is your favorite way to eat fruit?

July 3, 2017

Our favorite way is to just wash and eat it. I would say more Ugandan style for me.🤓

July 3, 2017

lol! Sounds good to me! What is your favorite Ugandan fruit?

July 3, 2017

Half ripened mangoes and jackfruit. For some reason I like my mangoes with a sprinkle of sea salt.

July 3, 2017

yum! I’m going to have to google jackfruit, I’ve never heard of it! 😉

rosebudsquilts

July 4, 2017

Those are so pretty! What a great idea for the 4th!

July 5, 2017

Thank you! 🙂

Terrigirl2017

July 4, 2017

he kabobs look awesomely yummy Jessica! You are so creative, your nephew is going to love them. We like to eat it pretty simply but you have given me ideas and food for thought!! Have a great day today, hugs, Terri xoxo.

July 5, 2017

Thanks Terri! Hope you all had a great fourth!

Sammy and Sufi

July 7, 2017

These look great, kuddos for the colorful plating! We also love the new site and what you have done, just looks amazing, (taking hints on our redesign ideas)

July 10, 2017

Thank you so much! This technical stuff isn’t as easy as it looks, is it?! lol 😉

ParentingIsFunny

July 7, 2017

What a fab idea! So fun and easy for the kids too.

July 10, 2017