Wherever You Are, Be All There

July 24, 2017 20 Comments

Can you believe 2017 is already half-way over? Last week, I found the book that my mother-in-law gave me at Christmas time and I re-read the quote she scribbled on the inside cover…

“Wherever you are, be all there.” -Jim Elliot.

It made such a simple, profound impact that when it came to writing my new year’s resolutions, I really just set one: to be all there.

I’ve given this goal a good go. However, New Year’s resolutions tend to get a little dusty by the time July rolls around (or maybe that just me).

Therefore, I decided to do a re-post as a reminder to stay the course. And since you all are my friends, I thought I would share with you too. 😉 Here we go…

Wherever You Are, Be All There

People are what matter most.  Not everyone in the world at every moment, but the ones you are with right now.

When you are home with the kids. Be there.

When your husband talks about his day. Be there.

When the baby gets you up at night. Be there.

When your friend needs a hand. Be there.

When you have quiet time with God. Be there.

When your sister is in tears. Be there.

When your daughter is scared. Be there.

When you go to worship. Be there.

When your son wants to wrestle. Be there.

When your husband offers a hug. Be there.

When someone needs encouragement. Be there.

When your visit your parents. Be there.

When you have people over. Be there.

When your kids are fussy. Be there.

And when there’s conflict. Be there.

When you’re tired. Be there.

When it’s hard. Be there.

When it hurts. Be there.

When you feel like giving up. Be there.

When you have nothing left to give. Just be there.

You are valued and priceless to the people around you and no one can replace the love and presence that you bring.

You may not always get the appreciation you deserve, or the accolades you crave, but giving is where you will always feel the most fulfilled, and being present is where it’s at.

It won’t be quality time on our cell phones, or reading the latest Facebook posts. Fulfillment and purpose will come from being present with the people around us. So wherever you are, make a point to be all there.

In what way have you been present with the people around you today?

First posted on inspirethemom on January 1, 2017.

This post was shared on:

Rhonda Sittig

July 24, 2017

Love it– “present with the people around us.” So true.

July 25, 2017

Yes, Thank you! <3

Sammy and Sufi

July 25, 2017

That is beautiful, we try to practice mindfulness, it takes effort and patience but we all need to be in the “now”, in the gift that is the present.

July 25, 2017

You’re right, its does take effort and intentionality. Especially in our fast-paced culture. 🙂

July 26, 2017

Beautiful again 💝. I can’t stress loud enough how much I believe being truly present is important. Yes even when we feel like there’s nothing in us to offer. We are precious and perhaps just being present is all there’s to give to our Loved ones. Thank you again Jessica for the beautiful reminder.❤

July 26, 2017

Thanks Sis! Its so important, and is a goal I want to keep ever before me. <3

thisgratefulmama

July 26, 2017

Thank you for this timely reminder. Things seem SO busy with all three kids home and I’ve been feeling like I’m not getting enough done. So important to remember that what matters is to be PRESENT with those I love and that some of the other stuff can wait. Appreciate this post! Thank you!

July 26, 2017

I’m right there with you! Glad this could be a good reminder to you too! <3 <3 <3

Katherine

July 26, 2017

Yes yes yes! Funnily enough, during a playdate today I was really trying to be all in with the kids as they played pretend. It was fun!! Although I must say it is really hard (impossible?) to “be there” 100% during all waking hours. Right? But to “be there” in all the big moments, the important ones in the day, is key.

July 27, 2017

Exactly. Being there when they need you, and taking those moments to be apart of their world.

Halee

July 26, 2017

What a great reminder. I really needed this today. I also need to refocus on my Resolutions because I’ve been slacking on several of them!! 😅

July 27, 2017

I know, right? By July they are usually a faint memory… 😉 Hope you get some great opportunities to be present today! <3

seeleyaj

July 27, 2017

This is such a beautiful reminder. I really needed this! <3

July 27, 2017

aw:) so glad!

Meg Weyerbacher

July 29, 2017

Love this, Jessica! What a great reminder for us, and truly a relief.

Savoring Sixty and Beyond

July 31, 2017

Love this post! The older I get the more I understand how quickly time passes. “Wherever you are, be all there” is my new favorite quote!

August 1, 2017

Thank you! Thats wonderful! Isnt it a great quote?!

The Thrifty Campers

August 6, 2017

lovely post. Always be present whenever, wherever you are. Engage fully with the ones that surround you.

August 10, 2017