Thanksgiving Placemats and Conversation Cards

November 12, 2018 15 Comments

I love family traditions, particularly now that we have kids. The special and sometimes cheesy little things we do together is not only creating memories now, but connecting our past, present, and future families together.

Our Thanksgiving Traditions

With that being said, one of my favorite childhood memories was making handmade placemats for each setting.

Liking this tradition,  Jovie decided she would like to make some as well. Using 11 by 17 pieces of construction paper and a few printables that I whipped up, we went to town.

Those warm, fussy, Thanksgiving feels came back when I saw her handmade creation and list of things she was thankful for. She wrote that she was grateful for a bed, a mom, a dad, a home, and a hug. (That’ll beat Hobby Lobby’s finest placemats any day!😊❤️😊)

Conversation cards is another fun tradition that we have adopted from my husband’s side of the family.  We simply place a prompt card at each setting and after the meal is finished, we take turns answering the prompt.

This is a fun way to generate meaningful conversation, as well as, put everyone in a spirit of thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving Table Printables

These printables were made with my family in mind, but could easily be shared and used at your Thanksgiving table.

If you want printable, pre-made placemats, turkey templates, or conversation cards you can download them HERE.

Thanksgiving Wishes

I hope you have a moment to ponder  your traditions, and the faces behind them. From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!  May love surround you.❤️

What is your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?

*This post contains Amazon affiliate links.

Deborah L Alten

November 14, 2018

This is so cool. Thanks for the printables, too. My Dad has dementia so this will be something simple enough for him to do.

November 14, 2018

Aw! So glad that your family can share in this tradition together. ❤️

mypennedheart

November 14, 2018

This is so cute. I love these ideas. We are always looking for ways to make the holiday more fun and change things up a bit. This is perfect.

November 14, 2018

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family. ❤️

3raisingme

November 14, 2018

I love this!! Thanks for attaching the printable s!

November 15, 2018

Sure! 😊

Hannah savage

November 14, 2018

These are great! Thank you!

November 15, 2018

Glad you like them! 😊

Tami Qualls

November 15, 2018

What a wonderful way to recognize the holiday. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year.

November 16, 2018

Thank you! Mine too!

November 16, 2018

What a cute post. Traditions are what make holidays so much fun. We have place cards with our pictures on them for table seating. We go around the table asking each person to share what they have been thankful for this year. Have a great Thanksgiving

November 16, 2018

Thats an awesome tradition as well! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Terrigirl2018

November 17, 2018

Thanks so much for these great printables Jessica! What a nice placemat you created with Jovie , and a memory for her to treasure. I like you can write what you are thankful for on it. The conversation cards are a good way to express oneself . I do not have childhood memories of thanksgiving as I had my first here in my 20s , but just the love and fellowship that people show each other is what makes it special for Me. Wishing you and your beautiful family a blessed day on Thursday, Terri xo.

November 19, 2018