I don’t date Mr. Coppertop as often as I should, but this morning we were able to break away for a little bit and have a fun morning together. The mom’s group at my church does a childcare morning every few months, where you can drop your kiddos off, for a couple hours and do whatever your heart chooses.(How cool is that?!)  So Mr. Coppertop took a little time off to meet up with me for a coffee date…

Mr. C is a coffee connoisseur. His taste is refined to appreciate all sorts of flavors while turning his nose to anything less than worthy. He drinks it hot and he drinks a lot. I on the other hand, am what he affectionally refers to as a coffee admirer. Literally. If it looks good and smells good, I’m in. 🙂

And today was no exception… We went to a quaint, coffee shop downtown and they made me the cutest little five-dollar latte. I may not be much on drinking coffee, but I thoroughly enjoyed this cup.

After our lovely, kidless, (minus the baby, who came along) coffee date where we had uninterrupted conversation,  we went to a local mercantile to check out the latest and greatest herbs, essential oils, and cast-iron tea-pots.  (Because people, I’m granola like that.)

The store is so rustic and natural, I didn’t have to buy anything to have a great time, just being in there fills me with inspiration.

Then to top it off, we caught the tale end of a men’s a cappella group delivering a singing valentine. (Barber shop quartet style.) Talk about being in the right place at the right time. I love me some good harmony! 🙂

And just like we do after any date, we concluded that we need to get away more often. I love keeping it simple and inexpensive, giving us the freedom to switch it up last minute or stop and enjoy a little music along the way.

I had a great morning with Mr. Coppertop and I’m already planning a few more five-dollar (or less) date ideas for later… 🙂

• Take a walk along the waterfront.
  • Barnes and Noble, coffee, and books
  • Kombucha and a scenic drive
  • Hike and a picnic lunch

What do your dates look like? Do you have any other ideas to add to my list?

afive-dollar-date

Lorie Cockman

February 15, 2017

❤❤ This kind of date is my favorite! Miss you all.

February 15, 2017

Jenell

February 15, 2017

Girl after my own heart! I know my husband loves me because our date included kombucha and spending time just exploring the health food store!

February 15, 2017

Amen to that! 😉

February 16, 2017

My kind of clan 😉

February 15, 2017

Yes! So glad you two got away. 🙂

February 15, 2017

A couple of times over the last year, I’ve gone into town to meet my husband for lunch. It’s nice to be together like that.

My husband has just been invited to a work conference on a resort island on the Great Barrier Reef. Family is invited too; we have to pay for airfares but accommodation and activities during the day for the family are covered. They are also providing babysitting for a cocktail evening and for a fancy-pants dinner. I’m already looking forward to getting dolled up and stepping out with my husband!

February 15, 2017

oh wow! that sounds like a fun experience! sometimes its nice to have an excuse to get all dolled up. Gonna break out those leopard print heels? 😉

February 15, 2017

Perhaps! But chances are we’ll be flying a budget airline, so carry on luggage only – depends on whether or not I can fit them in the bag!

February 15, 2017

🙂

February 16, 2017

Hi Jessica , I am so happy you got to go out with your husband for St. Valentines day! A midweek date doesn’t work for us unfortunately 😯 That does look like a tasty latte☕ And look at you ! Cute photo. The store you went to looks like a great place to get ideas. We usually go for dinner , or a movie most of the time for dates , but Will have to try a Saturday morning coffee date sometime soon, great post Dear, hugs , Terri ❤

February 16, 2017

Thanks Terri, you are so sweet! Thanks for sharing what you guys do! Hope you are having a great week, friend!

February 17, 2017

I am having a pretty good week , and you are welcome, Friend❤ Have a great evening Jessica, hugs, Terri xo.

February 16, 2017

My baby girl stole my Valentine date. That is beautiful Jessica!. Most of our dates usually end up at barnes and nobles, a kombucha sounds about right too. I love taking walks on a date (feed some ducks while we are at it….. Only in the summer though). Keep on saying that guy of yours.👌👌

February 16, 2017

Sounds like our dates are quite similar:) I saw your valentine pics, looks like it was a good trade-off. 😉

February 16, 2017

Yes it was😁

fromdreamtoplan

February 16, 2017

Hi Jessica! Happy to have found your blog! I love the layout, the style the content…everything! I’ve read some of your posts and I can’t wait to read more! Looking forward to following you 🙂

Lisa | http://www.fromdreamtoplan.net/

February 16, 2017

Wow! Thanks Lisa for the kind and encourageing words! Wishing you the best on your travels. 🙂

fromdreamtoplan