The kids are yelling for me to join them on the couch as they look out the big, back window. Jovie has made a life-altering discovery… “MOM! There are teeny-tiny flowers blooming in the backyard!!! Look! Look!” Our half-dressed, two year old echoes the excitement,  “Loo! Loo! Mommy!”

I dry my sudsy, wet hands off on the stripped, tea towel and peer out the window. Sure enough, spring is slowly opening her rested eyes. Teeny-tiny, white flowers are sprinkled all over our backyard, and the very beginning of buds are growing on the trees.

“Mom, can I go put some shorts on now?” 😉

It may be a little chilly for shorts, but spring is right around the corner. Just thought I’d share. <3

“It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want—oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”
― Mark Twaingivethanks-1

Spring Printable– Here’s a free 8 by 10 printable if you want to add a little spring to your space. Enjoy!

Have you seen any signs of spring?

free-spring-printable-2

Lisa's Everyday Life

March 1, 2017

Thinks for the printable, Yes it’s here -hopefully it’s here to stay.

March 3, 2017

You’re welcome! yes, i’m hoping it stays too! <3

theworldsokayestmomx

March 1, 2017

Absolutely beautiful!

March 1, 2017

Thank you! 💕

Valerie

March 1, 2017

Cute! And, yes, Spring has sprung here for sure!! 😀

March 2, 2017

Awesome! 💕

March 1, 2017

Spring is here!!. We are traveling for hubby’s work….Still in Texas though 💕. Flowers are blooming; tulips…. The flu is happening right now with my little girl and I am a mess. Knowing it’s “spring” is encouraging though.

March 2, 2017

Your poor baby! Hope she gets feeling better soon. Safe travels sis! 💕

March 1, 2017

Spring is definitely here in Arkansas. Every flower and tree that usually blooms in Spring is doing it here. 🙂 Hope your children get to wear those shorts soon. 🙂

March 2, 2017

Lol, it’ll probably be a while! I bet Arkansas is pretty this season!

March 2, 2017

Arkansas is gorgeous. Had tornado damage 15 miles from us 2 days ago. That is the worse part of Spring.

March 3, 2017

Oh wow! Yikes! Yeah, when we lived in Ohio we had a lot of those. I don’t miss them.

March 2, 2017

Summer ended the last day of February; but thankfully the warm weather generally continues through Easter. (Too also, we’re off to SE Asia in a couple of weeks, so that will prolong our summer!) I am dreading the coming winter. It always seems endless.

March 2, 2017

Yay for you trip! I can’t wait to hear how it goes! Its a little fun thinking that our seasons are different. What does winter look like where you are?

March 2, 2017

Where I live is about as far south of the equator as San Francisco is north; so the weather’s similar. Winter is grey, sometimes grey and wet, but sometimes just grey. It rarely snows, and when it does, it never sticks. Australian native trees don’t lose their leaves in the fall; and the vast majority of the thousands of trees on our property are natives, and so there is the grey-green of the gum leaves and the grey-blue of the ghost gum bark. The grass, which dies off over the summer, comes back to life, and by the end of winter is a thick carpet underfoot. And winter brings with it the kangaroos. They are still there in the summer; but tend to hide better. But the smoke from the wood stove brings them close up to the house and in the wee small hours of the morning, just as the sun is peeking up over the horizon, we gather at the windows and watch the families as they gather together for supper before settling in for a day’s sleep. (Kangaroos have a beautiful spirit. They are always ready to welcome new members to their mobs, and they will only ever travel at the speed of the slowest members – they never desert the old or the injured. They are loyal and affectionate. Once, I startled a female kangaroo, who quickly hopped away. Her partner hopped over to her – I know it’s too easy to assign human emotion to animals, but it really seemed very clear to me that he was making sure she was okay. Then they kissed. They touched lips in such a tender, affectionate manner, there is no other word for it but a kiss. It was such a beautiful, private moment.)

March 3, 2017

Ah…what a beautiful description! I didn’t know that about kangaroos, that is so sweet! ❤

lenaelitz

March 3, 2017

We were wearing shorts and flip flops last week – in February! Temps we up in the high 70s!!! Everything is starting to bloom and I’ve been having horrendous allergy issues this week. Spring is here for sure in Virginia. 🙂

March 3, 2017

wow! I saw on the news this last night that spring was ahead of its time by about three weeks, but that meant serious allergy issues for a lot of people. Hope you guys get feeling better. <3

Stephanie Malcolm, author

March 5, 2017

I wish we had flowers blooming. We just got another foot of snow two days ago. 🙂

March 6, 2017

Guess what?! This morning I looked out the window and snow was falling…lol, I knew I spoke too soon! (It didn’t stick though.) I’ll have to send you some of my flowers, it sounds like I’m going to get some before you. 😉 <3

Stephanie Malcolm, author

March 6, 2017

Yes, we’re a few months away from flowers.