This is probably going to come out wrong… but I like hearing about other moms and their struggles. Not that I want other moms to struggle, but rather I find comfort in knowing I’m not the only one that does.

Simply put, there’s pressure in perfection and freedom in confession.

With that being said, let me make a confession….I have an addiction… IMG_3105_edited-21

An addiction to chocolate chips.

I hardly noticed it coming. I would nibble on a few here… or a few there… a bag here…a bag there. No big deal.

I think it started as a potty-training incentive then somehow turned into a mommy-training incentive. There is such a thing right? There’s got to be, because it was working! I was feeling more motivated to do all sorts of things, knowing I had a handful of sweetness waiting for me.

It really didn’t occur to me that I had a problem until the other day, when I noticed I had spit-up running down my shirt two minutes before we were supposed to walk out the door. And in that moment I was faced with the life-altering decision: Chocolate OR change my shirt?

Frankly put, chocolate won. Because who really cares what I look like when I’m putting food into a cart, but if I were to pass out from low blood sugar or even hunger while we were out, I could never forgive myself.

Granted, a piece of cheese probably would have been a better choice, perhaps I’ll work on that for next time. But until then, let me swallow this mouthful of chocolatey goodness, and head out of the bathroom…

Confession time. What’s your guilty pleasure?

Confessions of guilty pleasure

Lowcountry Hippie

April 7, 2017

I have two! Nachos from Taco Bell and Diet Pepsi… IN A *CAN*! I’ll leave the grocery store with my organic spinach and quinoa and buzz right through the drive thru lol!

April 7, 2017

*Gasp!* 🙂 🙂 🙂 lol

Terrigirl2017

April 7, 2017

I have the same G. P. As you Jessica , I love snacking on chocolate chips too!!! Them and other , cookies, chocolate products. I have to change I know. ….. Have a beautiful weekend , HugsDear, Terri.💗

April 8, 2017

Amen sister! lol. Hope you have a great weekend too! <3

April 7, 2017

Oh yes! I think you already know my guilty pleasure… dark chocolate covered almonds!! Gotta have a little pleasure!

April 8, 2017

thats right! 😉

She-Ra

April 8, 2017

ME TOO!!!! I am completely addicted to chocolate chips!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

April 8, 2017

YES! You get it don’t you? they are so small they hardly even count… 😉

April 9, 2017

Lol

April 8, 2017

My biggest problem is eating food all the time – which is probably caused by being bored. I exercise to keep the love for food off my waistline. Do not buy chocolate chips. If they are not in your house you will not eat them. That is my stradegyy. Lol

April 8, 2017

Exercise does help. And I’m sure not buying them would help even more. lol 🙂 <3

April 8, 2017

Chocolate truffles…..hmmmmmmmmm. They are sooooo bad for me but yet I desire to have my hand in that box!

Cheila

April 8, 2017

You probably already know lol my cereal

April 8, 2017

This is really sad, but my guilty pleasure is Christmas. I have presents put aside for my children up to 2025 and presents for my parents and inlaws put aside until 2019. My Christmas cards are already addressed for this year and all non-Santa presents are wrapped. I’ve already planned the daily activities we do during December and have prepped all the craft materials we’ll need for them. I’ve even put aside stocking stuffers, including candy. It’s an illness, but sometimes it’s easier just to go with it.

Katherine

April 9, 2017

I love how honest you are!! Yep, I hear ya in needing the chocolate. I am also pretty darn addicted to chocolate. My husband doesn’t know quite how much I am, but I am! I love chocolate chips (a crutch if there’s nothing else in the house), or homemade hot chocolate, or Nutella… Oh God, It’s bad. How am I not 150lb?! Or 200?! Oh yeah, keeping up with two kids….