Today I’m sharing some of our favorite picture books about winter. What better way to learn about the changing seasons than to read about how others experience it?
Here is a list of our favorite winter-themed picture books
Picture Books About Winter
1. Sleep Tight Farm by Eugenie Doyle
2. The Big Snow by Berta and Elmer Hader
3. Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter by Kenard Pak
4. Winter on the Farm by Laura Ingalls Wilder
5. Brave Irene by William Steig
6. The Mitten by Jan Brett
7. Bear Has a Story to tell by Phillip and Erin Stead
8. Quiet Bunny and Noisy Puppy by Lisa McCue
9. Winter Story (Brambly Hedge) by Jill Barklem
10. Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
11. Waiting for Winter by Sebastian Meschenmoser
12. The First Day of Winter by Denise Fleming
13. Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett
14. Tacky and the Winter Games by Helen Lester
Preschool Winter-Themed Activity?
Download this Wipe-off Winter-Themed Prewriting Notebook. (Check out this blog post about it.)
What are your favorite picture books about winter?
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.