Here is a book list for the littles who are learning their colors. (Or for the adults who just put Christmas away and need a little Spring in their life…ahem… 😉)
Most of these are geared toward 2-4 year olds, but my older kids still find them enjoyable.
Our favorite from this list is probably Quiet Bunny’s Many Colors by Lisa McCue. (Although, Eric Carle’s Brown Bear, Brown Bear has been memorized and quoted by all my kids at some point.)
What are your kid’s favorite picture books about colors?
Picture Books about Colors
1. Painting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
2. Brown Bear, Brown Bear Eric Carle
3. Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton
4. Red is a Dragon by Roseanne Thong
5. Quiet Bunny’s Many Colors by Lisa McCue
6. Sky Color by Peter H. Reynolds
7. The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
8. Monster’s Love Colors by Mike Austin
9. A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni
10. How Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors by Jane Yolen
11. A Day with No Crayons by Elizabeth Rusch
12. White Rabbit’s Color Book by Alan Baker
13. Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
14. Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
15. Lemons Are Not Red by Laura Vacarro Seeger
Need an activity for learning colors?
Download these color recognition Build-a-Bears HERE!!!
To see how we used them, check out THIS POST.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.