We have a local farm that opens its doors up to the public. It is the perfect place to go with our kids, because there are lots of animals and much to do.
Farm life, animals particularly, are absolutely fascinating to our kids. Feeding the goats, petting the rabbit’s fur, or watching the horses run, makes for a day full of fun.
Along with these trips to the farm, here is a list of our favorite farm-animal, picture books (No Sleep for the Sheep is my kid’s favorite).
Picture Books About Farm Animals
1. The Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
2. The Little Red Hen by Diane Muldrow
3. Baby Farm Animals by Garth Williams
4. The Jolly Barnyard by Annie North Bedford
5. The Tale of Tricky Fox by Jim Aylesworth
6. Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton
7. Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell
8. Rooster’s Off to See the World by Eric Carle
9. Rosie’s Walk by Pat Hutchins
10. On the Farm by David Elliot
11. Pelle’s New Suit by Elsa Beskow
What are your favorite picture books about farm animals?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.