Anxiety’s Worst Enemy

February 20, 2017 20 Comments

I picture anxiety as a large, burdensome purse. One that I have neglected to clean out. It’s brimming to the top with just about everything, but the kitchen sink. Until one day I come home and my shoulder and back hurt, and I realize I need to do something. I need to unload. I can’t keep toting around this useless junk…

harsh-jadav-163197

Ok, so I let my bag get too full last week.

Nothing in particular, just a lot of littles. But those littles added up and left me feeling quite overwhelmed. And when I’m feeling overwhelmed, I think everyone feels it. Because let’s be honest, anxiety doesn’t do anything for a friendly disposition…

I knew I needed quiet so I left the kiddos with Mr. Coppertop, grabbed my camera and Bible, and drove to the mountains right after breakfast. (Ha! It sounds like a weekend trip but who are we kidding, I’m still nursing, I can’t go that far… )  😉

So I drove to the ridge line, about five minutes from the house. img_2217_edited-1

God’s creation blew me away! That alone, reminded me that He is so much bigger than any of my problems.

Then Phil. 4:6 told me that my perspective needed to shift from focusing on the stressful stuff of life, to focusing on all that I have to be thankful for (which is a lot!)

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”    Phil.4:6

img_2225_edited-1

img_2223_edited-1

It turns out that thankfulness is anxiety’s worst enemy…

It also happens to be a great way to clean out a purse.  😉

Love you guys! Hope you all have a great Monday! <3

What are you thankful for today?

anxietys-worst-enemy

February 20, 2017

Awwww. Sis. Much,much love. You are not alone. We all have those days…But knowing a d remembering that God is sovereign and faithful will hold our crambling selves. Staying in His word and constant prayer. Nothing is too big for our heavenly Father.. . 💞💞💞💞💞. This sister looooooves you my dearest.

February 20, 2017

Thank you Susan! You are such an encouragement, you don’t even know! Love you! <3

February 20, 2017

Thank you my dearest sister. I am happy you are encouraged💞

Lacey

February 20, 2017

The little stuff can sure add up! Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

February 20, 2017

Thank you for the complement! Have a great Monday! 🙂

February 20, 2017

Nature is my escape from anxiety – just me and my camera. This is a very nice post. Anxiety certainly makes life a rocky road now and then. Love the scripture you enclosed – one of my favorite. Glad you managed a little time alone to unburden your soul. 🙂

February 20, 2017

This is so beautiful. It’s amazing how many times the scriptures tell us to rejoice, especially in times of trouble or stress. It’s a continual refrain, isn’t it? “Count it all joy, my brothers (and sisters), when you meet trials of various kinds.” What am I thankful for today? Too many blessings to count – And your blog has become one of them!

February 21, 2017

Becca, you just made my day. You are my first “mum” friend, and I have loved getting to know you! (Ha! I will forever remember the morning I read your first comment!) <3

Shelley

February 21, 2017

Jessica I just wanted to let you know how your inspire the mom blog about anxiety really hit home to me. Trying to juggle being mom, wife, nurse and student is so difficult. The anxiety I have felt over school and exams is on the rise. Thank you for your blog. You are truly an inspiration and blessing

February 21, 2017

sojournersays

February 21, 2017

I love the way you describe anxiety! It’s so real! Thanks for sharing!

February 21, 2017

Thanks Imani! <3 <3

February 21, 2017

It’s good to take time out for ourselves Jessica , get the purse cleaned out by being in God’s presence and creation. God is love. Hugs, Terri xo.

Jenny

February 21, 2017

Anxiety is so hard especially when there are littles depending on you. Hoping this week is better for you.

February 21, 2017

Thank you mamas;glad that we can all relate and remind one another that indeed we are not alone..💞💞💞💞.

February 21, 2017

February 22, 2017

Absolutely! I’m so glad you got out to take some pictures, even while nursing—those are beautiful! It’s amazing to me how much I need that every once in a while (time out in nature, alone with God and sometimes a camera). Thanks for the post!

February 23, 2017

me too, I wish I could make it happen more often! 😉

forgivingjournal

February 26, 2017

Lovely to meet you, Jessica <3 I'm thankful for so many things. Right now, I'm thankful for having a quiet day, with a lot of rest and catching up with friends and my blog. Appreciate your blog! Many blessings ~Debbie

February 26, 2017

Thank you, Debbie! Its nice to meet you too! I’m glad you were able to have a quiet day to refresh yourself. <3