With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we decided to look around for some picture books about kindness.
It wasn’t hard. In fact, we discovered that many of our favorites have this basic message of kindness. (Including books like Ferdinand or Corduroy)
Here is the list that we came with. (The Spiffiest Giant in Town was my kid’s top pick. )
Picture Books About Kindness
This list contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
1. Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
2. Miles of Smiles by Karen Kaufman
3. Corduroy by Don Freeman
4. A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Phillip and Erin Stead
5. The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
6. Kindness Counts by Jan and Mike Berenstain
7. The Spiffiest Giant in Town by Julia Donaldson
8. The Elves and the Shoemaker by Paul Galdone
9. A Hat for Mrs. Goldman by Michelle Edwards
10. Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
11. Ordinary Mary’s Extraordinary Deed by Emily Pearson
More Great Books
There are lots of wonderful book lists to get you started reading aloud to your kids. You can check out our book list page or jump straight to one of the following:
- 10 Great Poetry Books for Kids
- Picture Book Treasuries for Kids
- Vintage Book Collections for Kids
- Picture Books About Rocks
Need an activity about Kindness?
You can download this half-page, coupon book HERE. (Available in color or black and white.)
What are your favorite picture books about kindness?
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.