With school is just around the corner, I’m sharing this All About Me Book. It is a fun, creative-writing exercise that our students are sure to enjoy.
Pair this with some all about me picture books and you have an afternoon full of back-to-school fun.
Creative Writing Activities for Kids
Getting kids to write can sometimes feel like a task, but it doesn’t need to be. Once they experience the enjoyment in using their imagination and emotions, they will feel connected to the practice.
There are many ways to get kids writing. One way is to have them write about what they are most passionate about: themselves.
Furthermore, this type of writing gives kids a sense of identity. A written word about who they are is a powerful thing.
Printable All About Me Book
When you are getting started with homeschool, or doing preschool at home, it’s good to remember to include some fun activities along the way. Our back-to-schools are normally quite festive and I’m really looking forward to including this activity into our first days back.
This is a printable, 12 half-page, All About Me Book. It’s designed to be a fun, back-to-school activity that encourages kids to evaluate themselves, and write.
It is geared toward Pre-k, Kindergarten, and early elementary-aged students.
All About Me Book Template:
This is a quick run down of what is included on each page of this printable All About Me Booklet.
- Name- This page asks the kids to draw the letter that they name begins with, write their name on the line provided, and draw a self-portrait.
- Birthday- the birthday page has a fun cupcake to color, a blank page to write their age, and then spaces for the student to write the day and month of their birthday.
- I like– The ‘I like’ page asks the child to write or draw what they like to sing, draw, and make.
- I feel-This page gives space to draw pictures for instances when they feel happy, sad, and excited.
- Family– The family page is where they can draw a family portrait.
- My home– This is where they draw their home
- Favorites- The favorites page gives the students a place to draw or write their favorite food, book, color, and thing to do.
- When I grow up– This page allows the child to dream about what they want to do, be, or go (when they grow up).
- I want to learn– This page lets the kids draw something they want to learn about, how to do, or why.
Ways to Use this Resource
As I shared, we will be using this as one of our back-to-school activities but this writing exercise can be used anytime throughout the year .
All about me book ideas could include: a year-end recap, mid-year evaluations, creative writing assignment, or a ‘just for fun’ activity.
Because saving paper is awesome, I made this into a half-page book. Besides, the size seems to fit the little hands a little better.
First, you need to print the All About Me Book pdf
Second, simply cut along the half-page, dotted lines.
Lastly, staple the pages together to form a booklet.
All About Me Book Printable
This is a creative writing activity I created for my kids. If you would like a copy for your homeschool or classroom, you can find the All About Me Book download in my tpt store.
More Printable Handwriting Resources
Here are a few other fun, thrifty, handwriting resources available in the tpt store as well:
- Prewriting Book Series (preschool)
- Learning Letters and Numbers (Pre-k, Kindergarten, First)
- Cursive Letter and Numbers (Pre-k, Kindergarten, First)
- States and Capitals Copywork (Elementary)
- Presidents Copywork (Elementary)
Don’t forget to get your Printable, First-Day-of-School Signs! (Preschool through 12th grade) Available in JPEG, PNG, and SVG.
What are your favorite all about me activities?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.