The Christmas season has officially arrived. Here is our printable, Christmas prewriting book we will be using this month.
Christmas Prewriting Activities
This is a 59 page download that focuses on the building of fine motor skills while introducing the basic strokes of handwriting.
Furthermore, it contains other preschool elements such as colors, patterns, matching, sizes, name writing, and more.
Christmas Prewriting Tips for Success…
1. Gently introduce strokes, and preschool concepts.
2. Have your student trace the pictures then practice making the given stroke. The emphasis is not on mastery, but of developing stronger fine motor skills while introducing the strokes of handwriting.
3. Regularly review how to hold the pencil correctly, as well as, good posture.
4. Encourage, reward, have fun.
Assembly of Christmas Prewriting Book
Option #1: PRINT AND GO!
Option #2: Print, laminate covers, have bound or put into a 3-ring binder.
I printed mine front to back, laminated the covers, then had them bound at our local print shop for a couple dollars.
Having this resource in book form is ideal for us, because we plan on working through it on a daily basis.
Christmas Prewriting Book Download
If you have a preschooler and would like a copy for your homeschool or classroom, you can find the DOWNLOAD HERE.
Contents of Christmas Prewriting Book
Prewriting is a gentle introduction to handwriting. It builds fine motor skills, teaches basic strokes of handwriting, and simply allows the child to become acclimated to using a writing utensil.
This packet includes the basic strokes of letters and shapes (straight, angled, and crossed lines), flowing motion, and shape formation.
More Printable Prewriting Resources
For the three-book printable, prewriting series visit the Inspire the Mom TPT Store.
More Printable Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Counting Busy Book(Prek-Kinder)
- Nativity Busy Book(Prek-Kinder)
- Christmas Math Activity Pack (Prek-Kinder)
- Christmas Literacy and Handwriting Activity Pack (Prek-Kinder)
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.