Do you have any fun Christmas activities planned for your preschoolers? Today I’m going to share our printable Christmas prewriting book we will be using this month.
I love having something I can grab that I know my youngest will enjoy. This Christmas prewriting book is definitely one of those resources.
With space to draw, color, and trace all sorts of fun Christmas pictures, I know my daughter is getting some great prewriting practice in!
Christmas Prewriting Printables
This is a 59 page Christmas prewriting printable focuses on the building of fine motor skills while introducing the basic strokes of handwriting (eg. straight lines, angled lines, slanted lines, and drawing prompts.0
Furthermore, this preschool printable contains other preschool elements such as colors, patterns, matching, sizes, name writing, and more.
Christmas Prewriting Tips for Success
Ready to try some prewriting activities with your preschooler? Here are a few tips for success to get you started using this resource:
1. First of all, gently introduce strokes, and preschool concepts. While these concepts are extremely easy for us, they are completely new to toddlers and preschoolers. Start slow and make it fun.
2. Next, have your student trace the pictures then practice making the given stroke. The emphasis is not on mastery, but of developing stronger fine motor skills while introducing the strokes of handwriting. Be encouraging and celebrate the little wins.
3. Take the time to regularly review how to hold the pencil correctly, as well as, good posture in your kids. These are foundation to good handwriting.
4. Encourage, reward, have fun.
How to Assemble the Christmas Prewriting Book
You can put these prewriting pages together and make a notebook or you can print as you go. There is no right or wrong way to use this resource, just do what works best for you and your child.
Option #1: PRINT AND GO!
Option #2: Print, laminate covers, have bound or put into a 3-ring binder.
I printed mine front to back, laminated the covers, then had them bound at our local print shop for a couple dollars. Having this resource in book form is ideal for us, because we plan on working through it on a daily basis.
Christmas Prewriting Book Download
If you have a preschooler and would like a copy of this Christmas Prewriting printable for your homeschool or classroom, you can find the DOWNLOAD HERE in my TPT store.
Contents of Christmas Prewriting Book
Prewriting is a gentle introduction to handwriting. It builds fine motor skills, teaches basic strokes of handwriting, and simply allows the child to become acclimated to using a writing utensil.
This packet includes the basic strokes of letters and shapes (straight, angled, and crossed lines), flowing motion, and shape formation.
More Printable Prewriting Resources
For the three-book printable, prewriting series visit the Inspire the Mom TPT Store.
More Printable Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Counting Busy Book(Prek-Kinder)
- Nativity Busy Book(Prek-Kinder)
- Christmas Math Activity Pack (Prek-Kinder)
- Christmas Literacy and Handwriting Activity Pack (Prek-Kinder)
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.