Needing a list of objects that start with A? Maybe you are planning a letter A scavenger hunt with your preschoolers or perhaps you are looking for some vocabulary words for your 3rd graders. Either way, you’ve come to the right place, because today I’m sharing an awesome list of the objects that start with A.
From animals like aardvarks and armadillos to household items like antiques and artwork, there are lots of great objects that start with A to choose from.
These objects that start with A can be used for building your writing skills, expanding your vocabulary, coming up with lesson plans, or simply helping your kids learning the letter A.
So without further ado, let’s get into our list of objects that start with letter A.
Ultimate List of Objects that Start with A
Foods that start with A:
- Acorn Squash
- Almond Joy
- Alphabet soup
- American cheese
- Angel food cake
- Asian Pear
Household objects that start with A:
- Address book
- Air conditioner
- Air fryer
- All-purpose cleaner
- Antibacterial soap
- Aromatherapy oil
- Active Wear
- Angora sweater
- Argyle socks
- African Daisy
- Acoustic Guitar
- Alto Saxophone
- Appalachian dulcimer
Random objects that start with A:
Want More than Objects that Start with A? Get the Full List of A Words!
Interested in other nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs as well? If so, check out the full A Words for Kids list. This huge list includes tons of A words for preschool, kindergarten, elementary aged kids and beyond.
Also, with each of the words for kids resources there is a free learning pack for each letter (including A) that has handwriting practice pages, letter tracing cards, vocabulary words, word lists, and more!
Things you can do with the ‘objects that start with A’ List:
Curious about some ways you can use this A word list? Check out a few ideas of things you can do with the items that start with A list!
- Play A Word Unscramble: Write a word from your ‘objects that begin with A’ list on a white board or chalkboard with the letters mixed up. Next, have your students see if they can unscramble the letters and decipher what the object is. (If you have multiple kids, you can make it a contest to see which team can unscramble the A word first.)
- Get the Free A Words for Kids Activity Pack – Get the free A Words for Kids Activity Pack and enjoy learning A words while practicing the alphabet, handwriting, vocabulary.
- Make an A Word Craft – Choose one of these objects that starts with A and make a craft! From paper plate alligators to Apple Tree Handprints there are lots of fantastic crafts to choose from. Doing a craft is a great way to practice letter recognition and learn new vocabulary words.
- Play the Blindfolded A Word Guessing Game – T play, blindfold your students and hand them objects that begin with A and see if they can identify them. To switch things up, you could also hand them objects that start with other letters and see if they can tell the difference.
- A Word Bean Bag Toss – Before you begin, get your list of items that start with A and a bean bag (or small ball). To play, toss the bean bag to each other. With each toss, have your students name an object that begins with A. The first person to run out of objects that start with A looses the game.
Unique Lists of Objects that begin with A
Before we go, here are a few more unique lists of objects that begin with letter A. What items would you add to these lists?
Toddler things that start with A:
- Activity mat
- Alphabet book
Small objects that start with A:
- Ancient coin
Summer objects that start with A:
- Apple Pie
Fall objects that start with A:
- Angora Sweater
Winter things that start with A:
- Arctic Air
- Alpine village
- Advent Calendar
- Artificial Tree
Spring things that start with A:
- Apple blossoms
- April showers
Everyday items that start with A:
- Alarm clock
- Air conditioner
- Area rug
- Antibacterial soap
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.