Looking for objects that start with M? Perhaps you are doing an alphabet activity with the letter M with your preschoolers or maybe you are teaching your 5th graders how to write a poem that features words that begin with m. Either way, I’ve got a full and quick list of all the objects that start with M.
From the edibles like marshmallows and mangos to the household items like microwaves and mixers, there are tons of useful objects that start with M.
This list of objects that start with M can be used for learning the alphabet, building lesson plans, developing vocabulary, and enhancing writing skills.
With all that being said, let’s dive right into our list of objects that start with letter M.
Ultimate List of Objects that Start with M
Foods that start with M:
- Maple Syrup
- Mashed potatoes
- Mandarin Orange
- Mac n’ Cheese
- Macadamia Nut
- Mountain Lion
- Monarch Butterfly
- Mocking Bird
- Muffin Tin
- Mason Jar
- Measuring Tap
- Magnifying Glass
Clothes that start with M:
- Mini Skirt
- Morel Mushroom
- Morning Glory
- Music Stand
- Major Scale
- Minor Scale
- Mincemeat Pies
- Music Box
Need More than Objects? Get the Full M Words List!
Need more than just objects that start with letter M? If so check out the full M Words for Kids resource! This article includes lists of M words for preschool, kindergarten, elementary and beyond. It also includes other nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs, as well!
Additionally, each of the words for kids resources includes a free learning pack for each letter (including M) that has letter tracing cards, handwriting practice pages, vocabulary words, and printable word lists.
Things you can do with the ‘objects that start with M’ List:
Wanting to expand your kids vocabulary or do some alphabet activities for you kids, but need some inspiration? Here are a few things you can do with the items that start with M list!
- Letter M Object Find – Put a collection of miscellaneous items in the middle of the room. Next have your kids find and retrieve only the items that begin with the letter M. (This activity would be great for preschoolers and kindergarten aged students.)
- Print and Use the Free M Words for Kids Learning Pack – Get the free M words for kids learning pack and have fun learning m words while practicing handwriting and building vocabulary.
- Fix a M Word Snack – Since there are so many good foods that start with M, why not have your kids see if they can come up with a snack using only items that begin with the letter M. What can they come up with? A bowl of Mandarin oranges with mulberries or marshmallow macaroons? Either way, this is a fun and memorable way to learn M words.
- Make a Collage using Objects that start with M – Gather you supplies of scissors, glue, and a stack of magazines. Have your kids cutout any objects they can find that start with the letter M. (This could be a great learning nouns activity.)
- Make an M Word Craft – Choose an item that starts with M and make a craft! For example, you could try a Moose with handprint antlers craft or turn a tissue box into a monster. A craft is a great way to get your kids familiar with things that start with M.
Unique Objects that start with M Lists
Now let’s take a look at some unique and specific lists of objects that start with M! What would you add to these lists?
Winter objects that begin with M:
Fun things that start with M:
Fall items that that start with M:
- Maple leaf
- Migrating birds
Everyday items that start with M:
Spring things that that start with the letter M:
- Magpie (bird)
Summer objects that start with M:
Small objects that start with M:
What items would you add to these lists?
*This contains Amazon Affiliate links. I may earn a commission from sales.