Today I’m sharing over one hundred objects that start with D. This list will not only be helpful to me for lesson planning but also helpful for those of you who are planning activities, building vocabulary lessons, or simply wanting to know more items that begin with D.
This list can be used to create alphabet activities for preschoolers, or poetry practice for 5th graders. The possibilities are endless for those of us who enjoy words.
Today’s list of objects that start with D not only includes delicious foods, such as dark chocolate and danish delights, but household items, like dusters and doorbells, as well.
So, let’s dive in! Here are 100+ objects that start with D:
Ultimate List of Objects that Start with D
Foods that start with D
- Dark Chocolate
- Deli Meat
- Deviled Eggs
- Dijon Mustard
- Dill Pickle
- Dozen Eggs
- Dragon Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Dodo Bird
- Dromedary Camel
- Dung Beetle
- Debt Card
- Deep Freezer
- Dog House
- Diamond ring
- Dress shirt
- Deciduous Tree
- Diesel Truck
- Dirt Bike
- Dive Boat
- Dump Truck
- Digestive system
- Deep Tissue
More Lists of Objects that Start with D
Now, I’m going to break down a few more lists of objects that start with D. From small objects to items you might see during with winter, spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Small items that start with D:
Space Objects that start with D:
- Dwarf planets
- Dead stars
Everyday items that start with D:
- Debit Card
Inanimate Objects that start with D:
- Debit Card
Winter Items that start with D:
- Dried Fruit
Summer Items that start with D:
- Diving board
- Deciduous trees
Objects that Start with D for Kindergarten and Preschool
As preschoolers and kindergartners are working on letter recognition, having a handful of words and objects that correspond with the specific letters of the alphabet can be quite helpful.
Here are a few items that start with D that your kindergartener or preschooler will, more than likely, be familiar with and that can be used to help teach them their alphabet. (I’ve also included sentences for context.)
Objects that start with D for Kindergarten and Preschool:
- Duck – The duck swam across the pond.
- Dinosaur – The dinosaur was big and had a long neck.
- Dog – I have a black dog and her name is Lucy.
- Desk – My dad has a desk in his office.
- Dish – My mom asked me to set the dish in the sink.
- Dad – I love my dad.
- Drum – I wish I knew how to play the drums.
- Doll – I got a doll for my birthday.
- Dice – She rolled the dice when it was her turn.
- Door – I closed the door quietly so I wouldn’t wake the baby.
- Dollar – The toy cost one dollar.
- Deer – The deer stood out in the open field.
- Dolphin – I saw a dolphin a the aquarium.
- Donut – I ate a chocolate donut for breakfast.
Want more that Objects? Get the Full List of D Words!
Want nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives that start with D as well? If so, get the Full List of D Words for Kids. This huge list of D words has tons of delightful words that you can use with your diligent students.
Also note, with each of the words for kids articles there is a free learning pages for that letter which includes word lists, handwriting practice pages, letter tracing cards, and vocabulary words.
Activities You Can do With the Objects that Start with D List
Would you appreciate a few creative ways you can use the ‘objects that start with D’ list? If so, here are some vocabulary games and activities you can try.
- Play ‘Guess the Word’ Vocabulary Game – Start by putting a sticky note on your student’s forehead or have them hold a white board in from of them, with a D word written on it. To play, have the other students give clues to that child about what their D word is by answering only ask yes or no questions posed by the person with the word. (eg. Does it have five letters? Is it edible? Is it a toy? etc.)
- Do a D Word Craft – Another fun way of learning D words or things that start with the letter D is to do a craft with your kids that represents the letter. For example you could make a letter D into a Dinosaur or design a paper plate donut. Whatever craft idea you come up with, we can agree that Crafting is a fun way of learning new words that start with D.
- Build a Collage using Objects that start with D Images – To make a collage you will need scissors, glue, paper and a stack of magazines. To start, look through the magazines to find any objects that start with the letter D. Then cut them out and paste them to the paper. To take it a step further you can label each of the items that were pasted to the paper.
- Download and Use D Word Printables– Download, print, and utilities the free D Words or Kids learning pack. This resource features objects and animals that start with D while practicing handwriting, letter recognition, and vocabulary.
- Play D-Word Memory Game – To get the game ready, make 12-24 word pairs of objects that start with D. Next, lay the cards word side down, onto the table. To play, each child takes turns flipping over two cards, in hopes of making a match. Have the kids, keep taking turns until the matches are all found. (The winter is the person with the most word matches at the end.)
What are some other objects that start with D that you can think of?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.