Today I’m sharing more than one hundred objects that start with C. This kind of list is great to have handy if you are a teacher, homeschool mom, writer, student, or generally curious person.
Whether you are looking for words that you can use for alliteration or are simply wanting to put together some alphabet activities for your preschooler, I hope this list of objects that start with C will inspire you.
From foods that start with C, like cake and cauliflower, to things that you might find around your house, like candles or crayons, there are a useful assortment of items to choose from.
With that begin said, here are 100+ objects that start with the letter C:
Ultimate List of Objects that Start with C
Foods that start with C
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chick Peas
- Chinese Food
- Cottage Cheese
- Clown Fish
Household Items that start with C:
Outdoor objects that start with C:
- Cedar Tree
- Cypress Tree
- Cruise Ship
Music objects that start with C:
- Celtic Harp
- Conga Drum
- Collar Bone
Get the Full List of C Words Including Verbs!
Wanting other C words that include more nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives? If so, check out the full C Words for Kids List. This lengthy list includes lots of useful words that begin with C for preschoolers, kindergarteners, elementary aged kids and beyond.
In addition to the words lists, with each of the words for kids article there is a free activity pack for that letter which includes handwriting sheets, tracing cards, vocabulary words, word lists, and more!
Vocabulary Activities for objects that start with C
Want a few creative ideas of ways you can use the ‘objects that start with C’ list? If so, here are some vocabulary and spelling activity ideas to get you started.
- Vocabulary Game: ‘Guess the Word’ – Start by putting a sticky note on your student’s forehead with a C word written on it. Next, have your other students try to give clues to that child about what their word is. Note: The person with the sticky note on their forehead can only ask yes or no questions. (eg. Is it food? Does it have three letters? Can you wear it? etc)
- Memory Game Using Objects that start with C – To prepare the game, make 12-24 word pairs from the C words list. Next, flip the cards over onto the table. For each turn, the child gets to turn over two cards, in hopes of making a match. Keep playing and taking turns until the matches are all found. (The person with the most word matches at the end wins.)
- Sensory Spelling Activities – Another fun way to use the C objects list it to choose some spelling words for your kids to practice. Next, have them do some sensory spelling activities with the words. Some of these activities could include writing their C words with chalk on the driveway, or seeing if they can spelling the words using only string.
- The Free Printable C Word Activity Pack – Get the free C word learning pack and enjoy the activities provided! This learning pack is full of C word activities for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary in the areas of letter recognition, vocabulary, and handwriting.
- Charades for Words that Start With C – If your kids enjoy acting things out, they will love playing Charades. Before you being, prepare by making a stack of cards with objects that start with C words on them. To play, have your kids take turns acting out the words on the cards.
More Lists of Objects that Start with C
Before you go, I’ve got a few more lists of objects that start with the letter C for you to look through. From baby items to things you might find at a party. Summer, winter, fall and spring, all of these things begin with the letter C.
Baby items that start with C:
Common things that start with C:
Cool items that start with C:
- Crocheted sweater
- Cuckoo Clock
Party items that start with C:
Camping that start with C:
Summer objects that start with C:
Spring items that start with C:
Winter items that start with C:
Fall objects that start with C:
What would you add to this ‘Objects that start with C’ list?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.