Here is the first book of my Prewriting Series for Preschoolers. It focuses on introducing the pencil, as well as, simple strokes, and basic lines.
Prewriting Book 1
This is book one of a three-book, prewriting series.
Book One is a 59 page download that introduces simple, fairly-large, basic lines. Through various activities, students will begin building the fine motor skills needed to establish a strong foundation for writing, as well as, Kindergarten readiness.
Other preschool elements included in Book 1
While this resource is designed for building fine motor and prewriting skills, there are also a ton of other great preschool material added to this book.
Other elements include:
- numbers 1-5
- letter recognition
Having Success with the Prewriting Book 1
Before diving into prewriting with your preschooler, I recommend reading this article about The Importance of Building Prewriting Skills, and go over the definition, importance, and benefits of prewriting.
Simply put, it isn’t a race. It is a process of building skills that will eventually be used for writing.
Here are a couple tips for success…
1. Gently introduce strokes, and preschool concepts.
2. Have your student trace the pictures then practice making the given stroke. The emphasis is not on mastery, but of developing stronger fine motor skills while introducing the strokes of handwriting.
3. Regularly review how to hold the pencil correctly, as well as, good posture.
4. Encourage, reward, have fun.
Option #1: PRINT AND GO!
Option #2: Print, laminate covers, have bound or put into a 3-ring binder.
I printed mine front to back, laminated the covers, then had them bound at our local print shop for a couple dollars.
Having this resource in book form is ideal for us, because we plan on working through it on a daily basis.
Prewriting Book 1 Download
Finally, this resource was made with my kids in mind, however, if you would like a copy for your homeschool or classroom, you can find the DOWNLOAD HERE.
✏️✏️Get the Entire Prewriting Series✏️✏️
- Basic Lines- Book 1
- Intersecting & basic lines-Book 2
- Basic/intersecting lines and basic letter formation-Book 3
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.