Looking to make a Christmas Countdown idea? Learn how we made this cute, countdown garland using our Cricut machine.
How to Make a Stocking Christmas Countdown Garland
Materials: (Amazon affiliate links included in this list)
- *White Glitter Paper
- *Kraft Paper
- Double-sided Tape
- SVG Layered Stocking Files
- Small Clothes Pins
- Wooden Beads
- Jute String
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
*Printworks Paper sent me the paper to use for this project.
1. Purchase and download the layered stocking svg files. There is one for each day of December.
2. In Design Space, upload the files and make them whatever size you want, the key is to keep them all the same size. (I did four stocking per 8.5. by 11 page.)
3. Note: Some letters have a floating piece in the middle (number six is an example.) To keep those together while cutting, simply select the two brown pieces and click attach at the bottom right.
4. Design space will automatically separate the two colors onto two mats. Use your white glitter paper for the bottom layer, and the brown kraft paper for the top layer.
5. Once the pieces are cut, attach the layers using double-sided tape.
6. To make the beaded hangers, you need the jute, wooded beads, and small clothespins. Cut a 4 inch piece of jute and tie a knot at the bottom and add your beads, you can hot glue the beaded jute to the clothespin, as well as, the back of the stocking.
7. Attach your ready-made stockings to a long piece of jute and your garland is finished!
Ways to Use this Christmas Countdown Garland
- For your home
- In a schoolroom or classroom
- On a bulletin board
- For an advent
- In a church classroom
- For preschool or Kindergarten counting activity
- A fun craft for older kids to assemble
Also, Check out our Printable Christmas Counting Book for preschoolers!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.