Looking for a list of objects that start with H? If so, I’ve got a huge list of over 100 things that start with H.
From handkerchiefs and handbags to hazelnuts and honey, the letter H gives us lots of helpful word options to choose from.
This list of letter H objects list can be helpful for creating writing and vocabulary lessons, planning preschool letter-recognition activities, and much more. So let’s dive in! Here are 100+ objects that start with H:
Ultimate List of Objects that Start with H
Foods that start with h:
- Habanero pepper
- Hard boiled egg
- Hawaiian Punch
- Heirloom tomato
- Hearts of palm
- Herbal tea
- Hickory nut
- Hoisin sauce
- Honey mustard
- Hot cocoa
- Hot fudge
- Hot sauce
- Hush puppies
Animals that start with H:
- Horseshoe crab
- Humpback whale
Household objects that start with h:
- Hair dryer
- Hand soap
- High chair
- Hot pad
- Hickory tree
- Hay wagon
- Hot-air balloon
- Hymn book
Random objects that start with h:
- Head stone
- Hula hoop
More Lists of Objects that Start with H
You ready for a few more lists of things that start with H? From small objects to items you might find in a classroom. Here are some unique categories of items that start with the letter H:
Small items that start with H:
Space items that start with H:
- Haley’s comet
- Half moon
Classroom items that start with H:
- Hand sanitizer
- History books
- Hole puncher
Winter items that start with H:
- Hockey puck
- Hot chocolate
Spring items that start with H:
Summer objects that start with H:
- Hiking trail
Fall items that start with H:
- Hay stack
Objects that Start with H for Preschool and Kindergarten
While Preschoolers and kindergartners are working on building their alphabet skills. It’s very nice to have a list of common and familiar words and objects that correspond with the specific letters of the alphabet.
These words can be used for coming up with letter recognition activities, alphabet crafts, and vocabulary lists. Here are a few suggestions of items that start with H that this age group will more than likely, be familiar with.
Objects that start with E for Kindergarten and Preschool:
- Hay – The horses and the cows on the farm like to eat hay.
- Hammer – My dad used a hammer to nail down the boards.
- Hen – Our hen has laid three eggs this week.
- Hand – My hand is tired of writing.
- Harp – My sister, Jane, is taking harp lessons.
- Hairbrush – I use my pink hairbrush every morning when I get ready.
- Hippopotamus – This hippopotamus at the zoo was huge.
- Hill – Our house sits on top of a little hill.
- Ham – My family had ham and mashed potatoes for dinner.
- Hotdog – I ate two hamburgers and one hotdog for dinner.
- Honey – We keep a jar of local honey in a our pantry..
- Helicopter – The helicopter rescued the hikers from the mountain top.
Get the Full List of H Words Plus a free H Word Learning Pack!
For the full list of H words that includes other nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs visit the Full H Words for Kids List! This is has tons of H word options for all ages and also comes with a free H word learning pack!
(Check out all of the other words for kids articles and free learning packs as well!)
Vocabulary Activities for Objects that Start with H
Need a few vocabulary or alphabet activities ideas you can do with this ‘objects that start with H’ list? If so, here are a few things you can do:
- Objects that start with H Collage: Make a collage of things that start with the letter H! To start, get some scissors, glue, paper, and a stack of magazines. Look through the pages of the magazines for any objects that start with the letter H. Then, cut out those H objects and glue them on the paper. For older kids, have them label the things they found.
- Make a Snack Using Only Foods That Begin with H: Take a few minutes to brainstorm all the foods you can come up with that start with the letter H. Then, see what kind of snack or meal you can come up with using only those foods. Hamburgers with honey mustard? Hot chocolate with hazelnuts? Have fun coming up creative food combinations to try.
- Objects that Start with H Brainstorm – Create a brainstorm map using objects that start with the letter H. To begin, write the letter H in the middle of your paper (or brainstorm map template). Next, brainstorm all the items or objects you can think of, that start with H. For older kids, you can give them a category like foods or types of clothing that begin with H.
- Alphabet Pool Search– For preschoolers or kindergarteners who are working on letter recognition, put a whole bunch of items on the floor or in a kiddie pool. Next, have your students peruse through all the items and pull out only the objects that start with the letter H. To finish the alphabet activity off, practice writing the names of the H words objects down on a sheet of paper.
What would you add to the ‘objects that start with H’ list?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. I may earn a commission from sales. Thank you.