DIY Sharpie Tea Towels

March 13, 2017 27 Comments

My favorite kind of crafts are the ones I can do in one sitting. Here is a super easy one: decorating tea-towels with Sharpie pens…

Tea towels can be used to dry your drinking glasses, line a bread basket, keep table food warm, dry and store leafy greens, and line crisper drawers. They can also be used as napkins, creative gift wrap, sandwich wrap, or just a cute little touch of beauty to hang in your kitchen.

This was a quick, fun craft I was able to do while my kids joined me at the kitchen table with their watercolor paints. 🙂IMG_2736_edited-1

Sharpie Tea Towels

Materials needed:

Directions:

1. Flatten out design area by ironing out the wrinkles.
  2. Put the design under the towel and trace the design with your fine-point pen. (You can use a thicker tip, but I wouldn’t do it around the edges of the design or it will bleed and your lines won’t look as crisp.)

IMG_2737_edited-1

So easy and very cute! I think I’m going to make some of these for wrapping gifts, perhaps even do some monogram ones.

I haven’t washed mine yet, so I can’t tell you how they hold up in the wash. From what I’ve read, you should let them sit with the ink a few days and they should be fine. (I’ll update if I discover something different.)

Happy Tea-Towel decorating! 🙂

IMG_2768_edited-1

What do you use Tea Towels or Flour-Sack Towels for? Do you have any other fun design ideas you want to pass along?

*This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.

DIY sharpie tea towels
March 15, 2017

March 13, 2017

I would love to see the beautiful tea towels on Etsy?. They are absolutely lovely!!

Thanks Susan! lol, not quite sure its that good. 🙂 <3

March 14, 2017

It is beautiful! .And yes it is that good💞. I love your new Logo. Did you create that?

March 14, 2017

Thank you! Yes I did, thanks for noticing! I’m still playing around a little. I was trying to make it look a little more like spring on my site. lol. 🙂

• rhythminlife

March 14, 2017

It is very beautiful and yes I feels like spring💞

birdwithaview

March 13, 2017

What a great idea! I have some flour sack towels that would be fun to spice up…

March 14, 2017

There ya go! Let me know how they turn out, if you do it! 🙂

Lisa's Everyday Life

Look great -i have some colored Sharpe I can use for spring

March 14, 2017

sweet! I was thinking I might try some color next time!

lenaelitz

So cute! 🙂

Naomi Hetrick

What a cool idea! I’ll have to remember this at Christmastime 🙂

Exactly! Thats what I was thinking! 🙂

pockettreasures

March 14, 2017

Love this, I also love diy but haven’t the patience for long processes. This is perfect. Will be great for gift wrapping or a gift in itself!

March 14, 2017

Yes! crafts you can do in a short amount of time are the best!

Jen Kuhn

March 15, 2017

You should do this for a REAL Women’s event or a Mom’s group craft!

March 15, 2017

🙂

March 15, 2017

Yes! I love crafts that can be done in one sitting.

March 15, 2017

Haha, yeah. The ones that take more are all the unfinished projects taking up space in my closets. 😉

marijo1245

March 15, 2017

Visiting from By His Grace group…I love this! I am not crafty in the least, but I really think I could do this one! You caught my attention with the sharpies! I’m a fan of anything sharpie related!! Thanks for sharing!

March 15, 2017

Thanks for visiting!! <3 lol, yes you should give them a go, they were super easy. 🙂

Dani Muñoz

March 15, 2017

Very cute and simple craft! I will have to try this for sure. I don’t have any tea towels, but I love decorating and these would be sweet and inexpensive.

March 15, 2017

Thats what I was thinking! It took me all of 15 minutes. 🙂

Tiffany Parry

March 15, 2017

So fun! I never would have thought of this, but it’s so great for gifts with a favorite verse or monagram. I think they even make waterproof fabric sharpies. So glad to visit from By His Grace bloggers.

March 17, 2017

Thanks for visiting Tiffany! <3

welcometothenursery

March 18, 2017

Simple and gorgeous! Well done – very neat. Let us know how they hold up!
    So glad I found your blog!

March 18, 2017