Free Charlotte Mason Homeschool Planner

July 5, 2018 24 Comments

NOTE: This planner has been updated for the 2019-2020 school year!

We are on the countdown before our home school starts, so I’ve been doing my best to get books ordered and get organized.

I love literacy-based learning and have been a big fan of Charlotte Mason’s philosophies for a while now. We decided to go with Ambleside online this year as a guide for our curriculum choices.

Ambleside has a handy week to week editable planner, but I wanted to simplify the presentation a bit and make it a little more user-friendly for our family.

The subjects we will be covering this year are: Bible, reading, literacy, copy work, math, history, science/nature study, geography, foreign language, music, art, habits, and handicrafts.

It sounds like a ton, but if you are familiar with a Charlotte Mason education, you know that it is all about SHORT lessons with a wide variety of ideas presented.

My Charlotte Mason Homeschool Planner

We will have our core subjects that we do each day like Bible, math, reading, literacy, copy work, and history while the other subjects will be on a loop schedule.

The Ambleside year is broken up into three, twelve-week terms, therefore this planner is organized by term. (Black and white only, I had the pages printed front and back and bound at a local print shop.)

Pages included in the planner are:

1. Yearly calendar

A simple year at a glance.

2. Monthly calendar pages

There is a full-page monthly calendar with a Charlotte Mason quote at the bottom for each month from August 2018-July 2019 (NOW UPDATED: for 2019-2020!!!)

3. Goals

This is just a space to record my big picture goals.

4. Prayers for my children

I thought it would be nice to have space to chart my kid’s strengths and weakness, and then write a unique prayer for each of them.

5. Book Lists for the year

A place to record all the needed reads for the year, in what subject and for what term. There is also a page for free reads.

6. Scheduling charts

This is a place to figure out the logistics of what our homeschool day might look like. This is space to decided on how long each lesson should approximately be, which subjects to do daily, and a list of subjects to loop.

7.  Subject notes

This layout is for special notes or plans for individual subjects can be noted here.

8. Year 1 Bible bookmarks

Ambleside year 1 Bible mapped out along with memory verses. I printed and laminated mine as bookmarks, then left a copy in my planner for reference. (Note: these bookmarks are specific for year 1.)

9. Weekly spreads

A weekly spread with space to plan each subject out for the week (broken up into three, twelve-week terms).

10. Term recaps

Space to record our accomplishments as well as areas that need improvement. (I also printed out and included the Ambleside oral assessments here after each term recap.)

After each term, I plan to take a couple of days and make any changes to our schooling that need to be made, while switching artists, composers, music, habits, etc.

11. Notes

The end of the planner has a place for miscellaneous note taking.

How do you organize your homeschool?

Note: I made this planner for our home school, and with our family in mind. If you think this could benefit your family, feel free to use it as well! Let me know how it works.

If you are new to home school, check out this getting started post. If you are new to the Charlotte Mason way of homeschool here is a great read to get you acquainted. ?

*This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.

Valerie

July 25, 2018

What a beautiful planner! I love the fonts you chose. And I enjoy so many things about Charlotte Mason’s philosophies! (What a great quote by her about observing!) Nice job. 🙂

July 25, 2018

Thank you! ❤️

Kate

August 27, 2018

This is fantastic! Thank you SO much for sharing this! I’m so inspired by other mommas using their gifts to bless the world! Big hugs for a great year!

August 27, 2018

Thank you and you’re welcome! ❤️ Best of wishes on your year as well!

afaithfulhome

August 29, 2018

This is incredible, thank you so much!

August 29, 2018

You’re welcome!❤️❤️❤️

bobbidy

February 28, 2019

Looks awesome! Will you be updating it for 2019-2020?

March 28, 2019

Yes! Just updated!

kate h.

April 15, 2019

Hello! Where is the link to download this! Thanks so much!

April 16, 2019

The grey Inspire the Mom box at the bottom on the post that says free printable. 🙂

Lynn

April 20, 2019

Does this come with the weekly subjects blank? I like to write mine down each week in the order that we are doing them and it changes according to our schedule.

April 22, 2019

No, but I will keep that in mind for my next one! Thank you!

Vanessa

May 29, 2019

I’m so glad you shared about AO. I try to used them this pass school since I am new to CM method but found the website to be overwhelming and confusing. I would like to try AO this school year but I’m still not sure about what year to start my child. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you

May 30, 2019

Well, I’m not sure I will be much help with your question. Last year was our first year trying AO and I ended up tweaking year-one quite a bit to make it work for our family. My suggestion would be to look through the recommended list of resources, sample a few with your child (perhaps some of the free-online options), and see if it would be a good fit. Best of wishes on your homeschool journey! ❤️

brighterday23

July 14, 2019

Love, love, love this!!! Have been looking for something just like it, and am excited to pick it up from Staples tomorrow. Thank you for all the hard work you put into making something so helpful!

July 15, 2019

You’re welcome! I hope you really enjoy it!❤️

alyse

July 27, 2019

Thank you for this!! After all the time I’ve invested in planning for our very first year of a CM education I just don’t have it in me to design a planner I love as well. HA! The problem is, I’m such a visual person that the normal free sheets I’ve been finding would have honestly been a hinderance to me. I’ve loved the options I’ve noticed on Etsy to purchase but they were also a bit overwhelming since I only have one child to plan for this year. SO again I say, THANK YOU.

July 29, 2019

You’re welcome! I love hearing that its just what you were looking for! Best wishes on your homeschool year!❤️

Lori Collins

July 30, 2019

This is a blessing for our home school family. Thank you so much.

July 31, 2019

Wonderful! Hope you all have a wonderful year!❤️

Sydni Ann

August 5, 2019

I saw a homeschool planner that I really wanted but couldn’t afford it (nearly $25! Yikes!!) thank you so much for sharing this!!

August 9, 2019

You’re welcome! Hope you enjoy!

athomewithbeauty

August 26, 2019

Hi there! Found your site via Pinterest while browsing for ideas! We are sort of new (not too new) to homeschooling and I was just looking into planners. We are not doing Charlotte Mason but the planner looks great!