I created this fall prewriting notebook that goes right along with some of the themes we will be covering over the next couple of months. Apples, pumpkins, shapes, and even letter recognition.
These activities will be great to supplement books we are reading, as well as, letters we are learning.
Our goal for the next couple months is to introduce simple strokes, pencil holding, and beginning fluency.
I am planning on using these Fall Activities as a print-and-go resource. However, you can put the pages into clear page protectors and easily create a wipe-off binder.
Fall Prewriting Activities
Prewriting is a gentle introduction to handwriting. It builds fine motor skills, teaches basic strokes of handwriting, and simply allows the child to become acclimated to using a writing utensil.
This Fall packet includes the basic strokes of letters and shapes (straight, angled, and intersecting lines), flowing motion, shapes and patterns.
Here are a couple tips for success…
1. Gently introduce strokes, and preschool concepts.
2. Have your student trace the pictures then practice making the given stroke. The emphasis is not on mastery, but of developing stronger fine motor skills while introducing the strokes of handwriting.
3. Regularly review how to hold the pencil correctly, as well as, good posture.
4. Encourage, reward, have fun.
If you want to make one of these Fall-Themed Prewriting Activities for your homeschool or classroom you can get the download HERE.
More Printable Prewriting Resources:
If you have a preschooler who is learning to write, here are a few more resources you can use to get them started on their handwriting journey.
- Prewriting Book 1
- Prewriting Book Bundle
- Fall Prewriting Activities
- Winter Prewriting Activities
- Spring Prewriting Activities
- Summer Prewriting
- Christmas Prewriting Book
- Prewriting for Toddlers
ALSO…don’t forget to check out our fall busy book.❤️
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.