100+ Objects That Start with N
Need some ideas of objects that start with N? If so, I’ve got a nice list of over 100 things that start with N to get you started.
From nachos and nectarines to notebooks and newspapers, the letter N gives us lots of notable words to choose from.
So whether you are a looking for N objects to improve your writing or are a teacher planning alphabet activities for your preschoolers, I hope this list comes in handy for you.
With that being said, let’s get started! Here are 100+ objects that start with N:
The Ultimate List of Objects that Start with N
Foods that start with N:
- Naan bread
- Nashi Pear
- Natal plum
- Naval orange
- Neapolitan ice cream
- Nerds (candy)
- New England Clam Chowder
- Nut butter
- Naked Mole Rat
- Neon Tetra
- Nile Crocodile
- North American Beaver
- Norwhich Terrier
- Northern Cardinal
- Nubian Goat
- Nurse Shark
Household Objects that start with N:
- Nail polish
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Napkin rings
- Napkin holder
- Nasal aspirator
- Nasal spray
- Night light
- Notebook paper
- Nappy (diaper)
- Nike shoes (brand)
Outdoor items that start with N:
- Nephrite (semi-precious stone)
- Northern White Pine
- Noble Fir
- Nectarine Tree
- Nissan (brand of car)
- Number plate
- North Star
- Natural Sign
Random objects that start with N:
- Nerf ball
- Nerf gun
- Neon markers
Objects that Start with N for Kindergarten and Preschool
With preschoolers and kindergartners learning the letters of the alphabet, it’s nice to have a list of familiar words and objects you can use that corresponds each of those letters. Whether it’s for letter recognition activities or for early reading, these come N objects can really come in handy.
With that being said, this is not an exhaustive list of N objects for kindergarten, but it’s a nice start. Here are some common objects that start with N for kindergarten and preschool:
*Note: Want to give your kids more practice with the alphabet or early learning? If so, Check out the printable Preschool Daily Skill Builder OR the Kindergarten Daily Skill Builder for daily skill-building in six different areas.
Objects that start with N for Kindergarten and Preschool:
- Net – My dad has a net for catching fish.
- Nose – I got a bloody nose when I fell from the monkey bars.
- Note – My teacher wrote a note and told me to give it to my parents.
- Nuggets – Every time we go to a restaurant I like to order chicken nuggets.
- Napkin – The table was set with blue plates and white napkins.
- Nails – He attached the boards with nails and screws.
- Neck – A giraffe has a really long neck.
- Nest – There were three baby birds in the nest.
- Nickel – I have three dimes and one nickel.
- Newspaper– My grandma gets a newspaper delivered to her doorstep every morning.
- Nozzle – the nozzle on the hose is broken.
- Noodles – We had noodles with meatballs for dinner.
- Notebook – I like to write stories in my red notebook.
- Nuts – Cashews and pistachios are my favorite types of nuts.
- Needle – My mom used a needle and thread to fix the hole in my jacket.
More Words that Start with Letter N Plus a Free Printable
Looking for more words that start with N? If you are, be sure to check out the Full N Words for Kids List. In this list, you will find other nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. Along with this huge list of N words, there is a free printable learning pack that includes letter tracing cards, vocabulary sheets, handwriting pages, word lists and more!
Note: Get access to all the Words for Kids by Alphabet Resources! Each letter comes with a printable word list, as well as, other free learning resources.
Activities You Can Do Using the Objects that Start with N List
What can you do with the ‘objects that start with N’ list? I’m glad you asked. Here are some reading, writing, alphabet, spelling, and vocabulary activity ideas to get you started.
- Read Books that Feature Objects that Begin with N: Reading is great for letter recognition and building vocabulary! So, get some picture books for letter N and have some fun reading with your little ones! Here are two examples of N object books to get you started: The Nose Book by Al Perkins and The Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers.
- Play the Object Guessing Game – To play this game, gently blindfold your student and explain that you are going to hand them an object that begins with the letter N, and you would like them to guess what it is. This is a fantastic vocabulary activity that causes kids to think through all the N words they’ve heard and seen.
- Do Finger Spelling in Sand: Have fun with spelling by practicing new N words using your fingers in a shallow pan of sand. (If you don’t have access to sand, you can use a dish with cornmeal or sugar). To switch things up, try using your toes. This sensory spelling activity is a fun and engaging way for your students to practice their spelling.
- Do an N Objects Unscramble: See if you kids can unscramble the items that begin with N. To start, write a N word on a chalkboard or white board with the letters all mixed up. Next, see if your students can unscramble the letters and figure out what the mystery word is. (If you have a group of kids, you can make it a contest to see which team can unscramble the quickest.)
What other items would you add to the ‘objects that start with N’ list?
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. I may earn a commission from sales made. Thank you!