Lets talk about DIY diaper wipes and solution. I shouldn’t have, but I did…I went to EWG’s cosmetic database and looked at the ingredients in the Huggies Natural diaper wipes we have been using on our kids. DMDM Hydantoin? Methylparben? Polysorbate-20? Although they rated only moderately-toxic they pose viable risks for allergies, immunotoxicity, endocrine disruption, and so on…
DIY Diaper Wipes
I decided to cut back on all those chemicals and attempt to make my own diaper wipes. So I started chopping Mr. Coppertop’s old t-shirts into beautiful, rear-end-wiping, six-inch squares.
Task number two was trying to find a moist substance to go with these imperfect, hand-crafted wipes.
This concoction is nothing that I invented. From what I’ve seen, the base of this solution is similar across the board: water, oil, soap, and essential oil. This is what I ended up going with.
DIY Natural Diaper Solution
This list contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
- 2 cups of water (distilled)
- 2 tbsp of fractionated coconut oil
- 1 tsp of Dr. Bonners unscented castile soap
- 3 drops of Melaleuca oil (Pure Therapeutic Grade)
- 3 drops of Frankincense oil (Pure Therapeutic Grade)
Directions: Combine all the ingredients. Pour into bottles. (I used 4oz glass, fine-mist bottles because that was what I had on hand.)
How it’s Going?
So far, so good. After I use one, I just throw it in the wet bag with all the other cloth diapers for wash. Super easy.
I’ve been spraying this directly on the bum but you could pre-soak all the wipes in the solution first. It just seems more economically-friendly to me, to use a spray bottle.
More DIY’s to Try
- DIY Bird Feed Ornaments
- A Simple Guide to Rock Painting
- DIY Fingerprint Ornaments for Kids
- Intro to Sewing for Kids
- Five Kid-Friendly Crafts Made From Yarn
- How to Make Yarn Wrapped Hearts
- Easy Handprint Heart Tree Craft
- Easy Flower Silhouette Craft
- 3D Paper Heart Flower Craft
Whats your experience with DIY diaper wipes and solution?
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.